Slip and Trip

Learn more about slip/trip and fall claims by reading these common questions and answers. Discover how to seek compensation, the types of damages involved, and the necessary steps to take.

Common Questions about Slip and Trip

When is a claim for damages possible due to a slip/trip and fall incident?

Property owners, businesses, restaurants, municipalities, companies, and similar entities owe a duty of care to the public to ensure that the premises, property, pavements, or streets under their control do not pose a danger when used by the public. If you have sustained injuries due to negligence or a breach of duty by such an entity, you have the right to claim compensation for the harm you have suffered.

What types of damages can be claimed?

You may be able to claim various damages, including medical expenses, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and other losses related to the incident.

How do I initiate a claim?

It is advisable to report the incident to the property owner and consult with a personal injury attorney experienced in third-party claims to guide you through the process.

Is there a time limit to institute a claim?

Yes, the prescribed time limit for initiating a claim is three years from the date of the incident. However, it is recommended to consult with a legal professional as soon as possible.

What evidence is required to support my claim?

To best support your claim, request CCTV footage of the incident and take or obtain photographs of the scene of the incident as soon as possible.

Still have questions?

Please get in touch with our legal team to assist your further.

Get in Touch